Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now
Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now   Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now   Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now   Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now   Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now
Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now

I am now focused on novel writing, but prior to that I had written several screenplays including this one for a Spider-Man sequel to the Sam Raimi directed trilogy. As I have been a die-hard Spider-Man fan since I was three years-old and being also a big movie buff, I thought I could put those two loves together and write a Spider-Man 4 script that I would love to see on the big screen.

As many of the storylines were wrapped up in Spider-Man 3, I wanted to continue the story with the next chapter in Peter Parker's journey but breathe some new life into it so it ends with a nice set up for future Spider-Man films. This script is loosely inspired by the popular "Kraven's Last Hunt" storyline. The synopsis is as follows:

Having lost both his best friend and the love of his life, Peter Parker tries to push his personal and professional life forward after graduating from University. But both Peter's future and that of his superhero alter-ego are threatened when two foreigners come to New York with a plot to bury Spider-Man once and for all. After seemingly defeating Spider-Man, with the help of The Chameleon, Kraven the Hunter takes up Spidey's post of New York's "protector", throwing the city into a deadly panic only one man can end. But will our hero rise from the ground or is this truly the end for the city... and for Spider-Man?

If you have read the entire script, I'd love to hear your feedback in the comment section below. Please share your thoughts on everything from Mary Jane's departure to the use of villains, but please use a spoiler warning before discussing the script's twists. I will frequent the board and respond to as many posts as I can.

Enjoy! Click here to read about my other projects and here to contact me.

Based on characters owned by Marvel Entertainment, Inc. This script is Un-Official. It is not associated with Marvel. It uses content copyright by Marvel, without permission as fan-fiction. This material is used for the purposes of informed discussion, and is not intended to interfere with Marvel's right to use said material for their own commercial goals.

Comments page 2 of 10
Click here to add a comment
Red_Justice
Posted 2592 days ago
I was disappointed they didn't make Spidey 4, but your script to me IS Spider-Man 4 I loved I always hated Kraven as a character until I read your script, you have talent!

My one criticism was the initial handling of the Rhino, but the rest was sooooo perfect I forgot I wish they had made this the movie, seriously keep writing don't waste your gift.
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2661 days ago
Thanks a lot Jadon! I really appreciate your comments!
Jadon
Posted 2662 days ago
I was disgusted with the idea of a reboot. For such a successful franchise to start over is ridiculous. I loved the script for the most part. The one-liners of Spidey were good and awkwardness of Peter really came through, however some of the dialogue was weak in places (that's what editing is for). The visuals you included were helpful in picturing the scenes-I could really "see" what was happening. I think as a movie, this could work very well with a little darker atmosphere a la the new Batman franchise. Great story! Good luck in the future!
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2696 days ago
Thanks for your feedback Cody. I'm glad that you enjoyed it!
Cody
Posted 2702 days ago
It was very good. I also am a screenwriter and I just have to say that this was well done. The ending dragged on for a little while, but you definately made it worth it with that final scene. I'm sure this would have been a much better film than the reboot.
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2719 days ago
Thanks a lot JD for your feedback, both positive and negative. I do appreciate it, especially from a fellow writer! I actually toyed around with some of your ideas when I was writing it. I decided not to have Kraven dress as Spidey since we kind of saw a "bad" Spider-Man in the last movie and though different, I didn't want to seem repetitive in with that theme. All good feedback. I appreciate it and am glad you enjoyed reading the script!
JD
Posted 2720 days ago
I really enjoyed reading this, thanks for making it available!
You had some great ideas. Since the point of the "Comments" section is feedback, as a fellow writer I'll give you mine.

Positive:
- Peter had a strong characterization, right from the start. Forgetting his speech, his nervousness, etc.
- I liked Peter's journey through this story, especially as he pursues teaching.
- THANK YOU for making Spider-Man a wise cracking smart ass! That was sorely missed in Raimi's renditions. Although I thought he lost that post-burial (obviously he's pretty serious and focused, but he'd still get a couple in there. It's Spidey - he can't help it.)
- The lack of love story works. You're right, it's been done to death.
- The lizard build-up was excellently done. Love the very last scene.
- Having new supporting cast members was nice. Betty and Ned were great.
- The twist on Ned was handled well. I love a good crazy stalker villain.
- The "death" scene where Peter talks with Ben and Harry was very well written and communicated some good truths. I like how you dealt with the whole Spidey/Peter element.
- Your fight settings were cinematically ideal. A concert stadium, a museum... all visually interesting.

Negative:
- I think the Kraven conclusion should have ended with Chameleon driving away laughing, or at the very most when Kraven commits suicide. The suicide could have been a strong ending, but I felt it was instantly ruined by the Rhino's presence. The Betty twist is interesting but I would rather it didn't happen. Rhino is a B-lister, and he should in no way be responsible for Kraven's downfall. Either leave their getaway as a cliffhanger, or have him receive his "honorable death".
- I think Kraven's master plan would be stronger if he actually wears the Spider-Man costume and people believe that Spidey's now a murderer (closer to the true KLH story). The "similar costume" thing didn't jive for me.
- Some of the dialogue was cringe-worthy (not much, but some). Chameleon's first reply to Spidey is "No duh"? Too third-grade-little-girl for my taste.

Hope that helps as you continue to tweak your script. Maybe someone will read it and use elements to shape a great Spidey 4 - and you'll get credited!
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2720 days ago
Thanks a lot, Paris! Much appreciated! I wonder how many people out there are have written Spidey scripts (with The Rhino, no less :) I'll respond to your e-mail shortly!
Paris Hughes
Posted 2721 days ago
Wow, alls I can say is wow mann, I was at a point where I was making my spidey reboot script and it was similar in a way with the Rhino opening scene....lol I loved it very funny not too wordy PERFECTO!
I think we need people like you in the Directors Chair! Good Luck !
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2726 days ago
As you probably know, Sony has decided to reboot the Spidey franchise and start from scratch. Many people have told me that they would love to see My Spider-Man 4 movie come to life…please keep the feedback coming!
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2727 days ago
Thanks a lot Leo!
leo
Posted 2727 days ago
wow, i loved it. i envy your skills.
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2727 days ago
Thanks to both Alexs who complimented my script. I appreciate your criticism as well.

The reason I wrote Mary Jane out was because exactly what one of you pointed out... that she's been placed in harm's way in the climax of the first three movies and I wanted to avoid that, in addition to trying to something different by not focusing as much on Peter's love life for a change. I have ideas for what I'd write as my Spider-Man 5 and 6 and I'd bring her back at the conclusion of Spidey 5 and bring them back together in my Spider-Man 6. As a Spider-Man fan, I've always loved MJ and acknowledge that she's an important part of Peter's life.
Alex (the 2nd one)
Posted 2728 days ago
I just want to make clear that there have been three different Alex's that have commented on your page... I know it's the weirdest thing.

I gave you the second comment. This last comment (right under mine) was not written by me.

(Although the absence of Mary Jane didn't thrill me either)
Alex
Posted 2728 days ago
Michael,

As a fellow aspiring screenwriter, I have to say I'm both impressed and exceedingly jealous about just how damn good your Spidey 4 script is! The characters were genuine, the story was well-paced (I couldn't stop reading it!), the action and emotional turbulence that Peter experiences was rewarding, the twists worked, and the humor was strong. This was fantastic work.

I have to say that I'm not thrilled that MJ was absent, but I'd imagine you did that to make the story more workable and to avoid placing her fully in harm's way for the 4th time. Also, I'd tone down how much Pete talks to Betty over the cell phone, and JJJ was hilarious in the 1st act, amusing in the 2nd, but by the 3rd it was a bit much - maybe cut some of his scenes towards the end?

This could still use a polish, as there are also a handful of grammatical errors, but overall it's very impressive, and I applaud your ending - it's something all Spidey fans have been asking for! If this were actually made, I'd go see it and snap up the DVD. Hey, why can't this be Spidey 5?

Good luck with this - selling a spec script is really tough unless you know people, but I'd relish seeing this made.
-Alex
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2728 days ago
Thanks so much Alex. I I'm really glad you liked it so much!

You're right Peter, I do need an Agent and hope to use this site to help me get in that direction.
peter
Posted 2728 days ago
meh...but you need an agent if your going to send people your scripts, or they just won't look at it
Alex
Posted 2728 days ago
This script was incredibly written, and although I was beginning to think the Chameleon/Betty Brant storyline was horribly cheesy, when seeing the effect it had on the story's climax, I definitely believe it was an excellent addition to the script.

The jokes and one-liners that make Spiderman who he is were much better in this script than in any of the other movies, and the dialogue was truly superior.

You brought out the emotion of every character, and therefore your character development was superb.

I was skeptical that you decided to include three villains when, in the past film, the number of villains hurt its enjoyability. However, the three of them were perfect in their roles and really added to the story.

I love your script and it could easily be the CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED summer blockbuster everyone has been waiting for Spiderman to star in.

Keep up the good work.
Alex
Posted 2728 days ago
There is a typo on page 101. You mispelled shoes as "shows".
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2728 days ago
Thanks a lot! I couldn't have asked for a better first comment!

I actually sent it to Sony, Sam Raimi and a number of other agents of those involved with the film. I never heard back from a few of them but three of the scripts were returned with a letter that it is being returned unread as is their policy for unsolicited scripts. So now I'm just letting people enjoy it... I've gotten a really good response from people I've let read it and I really appreciate your kind words!

- Michael Seidelman