Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now
Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now   Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now   Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now   Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now   Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now
Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now

I am now focused on novel writing, but prior to that I had written several screenplays including this one for a Spider-Man sequel to the Sam Raimi directed trilogy. As I have been a die-hard Spider-Man fan since I was three years-old and being also a big movie buff, I thought I could put those two loves together and write a Spider-Man 4 script that I would love to see on the big screen.

As many of the storylines were wrapped up in Spider-Man 3, I wanted to continue the story with the next chapter in Peter Parker's journey but breathe some new life into it so it ends with a nice set up for future Spider-Man films. This script is loosely inspired by the popular "Kraven's Last Hunt" storyline. The synopsis is as follows:

Having lost both his best friend and the love of his life, Peter Parker tries to push his personal and professional life forward after graduating from University. But both Peter's future and that of his superhero alter-ego are threatened when two foreigners come to New York with a plot to bury Spider-Man once and for all. After seemingly defeating Spider-Man, with the help of The Chameleon, Kraven the Hunter takes up Spidey's post of New York's "protector", throwing the city into a deadly panic only one man can end. But will our hero rise from the ground or is this truly the end for the city... and for Spider-Man?

If you have read the entire script, I'd love to hear your feedback in the comment section below. Please share your thoughts on everything from Mary Jane's departure to the use of villains, but please use a spoiler warning before discussing the script's twists. I will frequent the board and respond to as many posts as I can.

Enjoy! Click here to read about my other projects and here to contact me.

Based on characters owned by Marvel Entertainment, Inc. This script is Un-Official. It is not associated with Marvel. It uses content copyright by Marvel, without permission as fan-fiction. This material is used for the purposes of informed discussion, and is not intended to interfere with Marvel's right to use said material for their own commercial goals.

Comments page 3 of 338
Click here to add a comment
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2056 days ago
Thanks "Carnage Fan"... that's glowing praise!

I did have an elaborate idea for a Spider-Man 5 script. I don't plan to write it though as I'm focusing my time working on my own ideas that I might actually be able to sell. Right now, I'm rewriting a horror/comedy I wrote last summer and hope to start submitting that to managers and production companies in a few months.

I'm glad you liked the script so much! Thanks for taking the time to read it!
Carnage Fan
Posted 2056 days ago
I think your script was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! It's the best thing I've ever seen in my life! I also would like to ask if you are writing a Spider-Man 5 script too. It looks like you might have an idea for the future? Anyway, your Spider-Man 4 script rocks dude so you have my opinion!
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2111 days ago
Thanks for the feedback!
Michael
Posted 2112 days ago
This is a really interesting story. But there are just as many problems as good things. I dislike that you gave Betty Brant such a deep storyline, and I wish Rhino had a deeper role. Parts like the bizarre Peter, Harry, & Uncle Ben angle were something that you would never see in a Spider-Man movie, based on what they're like. Overall, a very unusual plotline, and that's completely alright.
Buddy
Posted 2139 days ago
Your story was really informative, tahnks!
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2256 days ago
Thanks "Aleksei"... I'm glad you liked that :)
aleksei mikhailovich sytsevich
Posted 2263 days ago
great! i like the part where rhino has to tinkle!
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2277 days ago
I'm glad you enjoyed the script, Askia!

I registered my script with the WGAW the way it's presented here with the title "Spider-Man 4". I have registered all my scripts with the WGAW. The WGA site details what part of a script is legally protected and other benefits of registering. I realize this script is a bit different as I don't own the characters. I registered it nonetheless however just in case someone else tries to take credit for my work and also as a deterrent for anyone to try and do so.
Askia Gibson
Posted 2278 days ago
Hi Michael I am a screenwriter as well and I have an immense love for comics. I have written a script for an established Marvel character and I just wanted to know how you went about copyrighting your spiderman 4 script. I saw that you registered your script with WGAW did you have to change character names and/or the title of your spec. By the way loved the script
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2282 days ago
Thanks, lulovoulal. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt on the reboot (and as a Spidey fan am still am crossing my fingers it's good) but I was surprised to see in the trailer how the film is rehashing the origin. With so many great Spidey stories out there to inspire the writers, it bewilders me that they'd take this route, only 10 years after the first Spider-man movie did the same.
lulovoulal
Posted 2282 days ago
Very nice one! There are hundreds of villains and storylines, why would they re-make a series dump asses..
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2297 days ago
Thanks DaveBot! If I can't see the film on the big screen, I'm glad to let people like you enjoy it! Though it boggles my mind that they couldn't come up with a decent story to continue the franchise, I am looking forward to the new movie and seeing Spidey finally take on The Lizard. As a fan, I hope they make a good film.
daveBot
Posted 2298 days ago
usually don't like reading scripts but couldn't put this down! this could have jumpstarted the spiderman series...nice job dude! [beep] it reboot!
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2310 days ago
Thanks for your comments, Nemeses. I think it's crucial to the development as a writer to hear both the positive and negative criticism to not only benefit as writer but to introduce us to the real world of professional screenwriting where people are more than happy to tell you straight up what they don't lie about your work. That said, it's tough not to be a little defensive about our work :)

While I only loosely based the story on Kraven's Last Hunt, in that story he was buried alive (like in my screenplay, with air ducts) while Kraven took over his life. But Kraven's motivation is the same as through every Kraven story told in the comics. Honor and integrity (at least as he sees it). He has always hunted big game with nothing but success but becomes obsessed with killing Spider-Man because he's the only game that not only can't kill but that won't go the next step and give his opponent an honorable death. Nothing is more important to Kraven than honor. Maybe not a strong enough motivation for a Tom Clancy-based thriller but in my opinion, it's grounded enough for a comic book themed movie, especially in a series where the villains for the most part have not had much more in the way of motivation (Green Goblin hated Spider-Man because he wouldn't join up with him, Venom because he blamed Peter for taking his girl and getting him fired, etc.)

In regards to the lack of a Peter love story, I totally respect what you're saying. I did that for two reasons... one being the last three movies focused on it so much and the other that I have never seen a super hero movie where the main character didn't have a love interest and wanted to prove that it could be done. I let Betty and Ned have the love story and Peter had to deal with other issues in this film. I think it worked but again, I completely respect that you thought the script was lacking because of it. One other person posted that they missed Mary Jane. All a matter of opinion on what people want to see.

No Spider-Man 5 in the works, at least for now. I did plot out a story that took place over the holidays (the first Christmas superhero movie?) and focused on family issues in Peter' and Aunt May's life as well as Curt Conner's (The Lizard). As well, Peter had a new love interest (Liz Allen) and Mary Jane would return to the series. The new Spider-Man reboot will feature The Lizard so it will be interesting to see where they go with that. Like you said, it does take along time to write a script and I'm focusing on writing my own stuff. That said, I have plotted out a Batman script but we'll see :) Best of luck with your Teen Titans script!
Nemeres
Posted 2310 days ago
Hey. I just finished reading your script with considerable interest. First off, I think it's a sign of authentic writer’s temperament to actually finish a work that will most likely stay as a piece of fanfiction, and put it out there to be judged by the nitpicky fans and/or pretentious haters. I'm not patronizing here; I actually admire that. I myself have been writing a Teen Titans screenplay for over two years now and have only just gotten to the core of the second act.
Kudos.
That said, I give you my opinion. I think the screenplay shows a great deal of skill and a good understanding of what makes a scene good. There are some great moments here and there, I'm talking real crowd-pleasers. But overall, I think it's a flawed work. It would have a hard time being on the same level with Spidey 1 and 2, and I think that lies in the way the villain Kraven was written.
SPOILER WARNING: He's too simplistic, his motivations are too flimsy. He's had a good deal from life so far as the star of his own TV show and a millionaire, but he throws it all away just to kill Spider-Man? Is that all he's interested in? Why? With such a sociopathic behavior, how did he stay out of jail for so long? And Parker's arc in the story reaches its lowest of lows here nor because of his quarrels with responsibility or whatnot, but because... he was literally buried. I didn't understand what that was supposed to represent, if something. What's the underlying meaning behind that, in the larger scale of things within the film? What I mean is, how does that relate to the emotional and philosophical side of things, so often present in the Spidey films? And how did he survive for so long? Plus, I actually thought that the absence of MJ would mean romance between Peter and Gwen, but there was none of that, and I kind of missed that aspect. As opposed to a TV episode, I think in a movie EVERYTHING should be at stake in the character's life; not just his professional ambitions, like here, but also the sentimental stuff. I know there was plenty of that in the past films, but still. I never read the Kraven saga, so I can't really say how close you stuck to it, but I get a sense that plenty, and that it actually hurt your conception for the movie. One last thing: Rhino's suit being created by two young nerds, and for no particular reason, would have raised plenty of eyebrows. I loved seeing him though, and I really dug the first battle in the university, with all the stoners and stuff. What I REALLY loved was seeing Spidey throw his wisecracks all over the place. That, the JJ cutouts, the Peter/May relationship and the Bruce Campbell scene are what I mean by great, crowd-pleasing moments. END SPOILERS.
I honestly wouldn't have bothered if you didn't seem, judging from the site introduction, like the kind of guy who can take criticism. Looking forward to your Lizard-centric Spider-Man 5!
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2330 days ago
Thanks Jared. I'm glad you liked it!
Jared
Posted 2330 days ago
Very impressive. While reading your script, I could literally see Tobey Maguire and all the other actors we know from the original films in their roles. If only the studio and producers had seen fit to try and salvage a weakening series with a story like yours instead of rebooting the franchise, I think things would have worked out well. Sadly, we will never know.
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2439 days ago
Thanks guys for the feedback, both positive and negative. I'm really happy people are enjoying it. I totally agree the dialog could use a bit of work. A bit of the cheesiness was intentional to match the tone of the first three films but I agree I can make some improvements in the dialog department for sure. And sorry about your workout, Joe! :)
jason b
Posted 2439 days ago
yeah so i just finished...i cannot stress to you enough that you NEED to keep doing what you're doing. this is a wonderful story!

read dialogue outloud, that is the missing piece to your puzzle. get a handle on that, and we won't be reading your scripts online, we'll be watching them on the screen. very very well done.
jason b
Posted 2439 days ago
you have a grasp of how to properly format a script...but (imo) the dialogue was very weak.

your structure is solid, your pacing is solid, all the 'hardware' parts needed for a successful script are there...i'm just not feeling any of the heart. the words are too stiff, and in a time when comic book films are being taken more serious than ever, I feel that dialogue is critical.

i just couldn't help but be distracted by how cheesy everyone speaks.

I'm sorry. i'm not trying to be a prick - honest - i am a writer too and know how difficult the whole process is. i just don't feel i would be doing you any justice if i didn't bring that into my response. all the other parts are there...maybe just read the dialogue outloud and you might be able to better hear how cheesy the characters are sounding? that always helps me out.

- Michael Seidelman