Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now
Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now   Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now   Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now   Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now   Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now
Michael Seidelman, Screenwriter - Read My Spider-Man 4 Script Now

I am now focused on novel writing, but prior to that I had written several screenplays including this one for a Spider-Man sequel to the Sam Raimi directed trilogy. As I have been a die-hard Spider-Man fan since I was three years-old and being also a big movie buff, I thought I could put those two loves together and write a Spider-Man 4 script that I would love to see on the big screen.

As many of the storylines were wrapped up in Spider-Man 3, I wanted to continue the story with the next chapter in Peter Parker's journey but breathe some new life into it so it ends with a nice set up for future Spider-Man films. This script is loosely inspired by the popular "Kraven's Last Hunt" storyline. The synopsis is as follows:

Having lost both his best friend and the love of his life, Peter Parker tries to push his personal and professional life forward after graduating from University. But both Peter's future and that of his superhero alter-ego are threatened when two foreigners come to New York with a plot to bury Spider-Man once and for all. After seemingly defeating Spider-Man, with the help of The Chameleon, Kraven the Hunter takes up Spidey's post of New York's "protector", throwing the city into a deadly panic only one man can end. But will our hero rise from the ground or is this truly the end for the city... and for Spider-Man?

If you have read the entire script, I'd love to hear your feedback in the comment section below. Please share your thoughts on everything from Mary Jane's departure to the use of villains, but please use a spoiler warning before discussing the script's twists. I will frequent the board and respond to as many posts as I can.

Enjoy! Click here to read about my other projects and here to contact me.

Based on characters owned by Marvel Entertainment, Inc. This script is Un-Official. It is not associated with Marvel. It uses content copyright by Marvel, without permission as fan-fiction. This material is used for the purposes of informed discussion, and is not intended to interfere with Marvel's right to use said material for their own commercial goals.

Comments page 4 of 10
Click here to add a comment
ashley zhao
Posted 1808 days ago
hi thanks i was really looking forward to seeing what would happen with mj and peter after watching the 3rd movie. its so sad! Please tell me when your spiderman 5 will come out and when you will start writing it, I am super excited to read another one!
I have 2 questions for you:
1. you mentioned something about mj coming back and it leading up to the next film. Will there be a spider 6 then?
2. do you know any other websites like this where someone wrote a spiderman 4 script? I found spiderman 3 really sad but I was dying to know what would happen next, and the reboot was great, but the original is my favorite. But i didn't know the original existed until after i watched the reboot! The first movie was only made two years after I was born!
okay those are my 2 questions. Please answer them and once again i loved you script!
Im also sort of a writer myself. But I don't write scripts, but maybe i will when i grow older. right now I'm concentrated on writing my own made-up novels. Spiderman is the perfect example for the stuff i like to write and read and watch: some romance, very heroic, and some unearthly stuff, with villains and a hero.
ps your continuing on from the first 3 movies right?
Michael Seidelman
Posted 1808 days ago
Thanks Ashley! I have Spider-Man 5 in my head - it would take place during the Christmas holidays and have Spidey facing off against the Lizard in snowy New York. It would also have Peter working as a teacher, romancing Liz Allen from high school. befriending former bully Flash Thompson (now a PE teacher at their old high school where they are now teaching) and would end with Mary Jane returning to see Peter kissing Liz Allen under the mistletoe, setting up the next film. But I don't see myself writing it since I'm focusing on my own characters and ideas right now. And The Amazing Spider-Man of course had Spidey facing off against the Lizard and I felt that while it is a lot different than what I had in mind, they did a fairy decent job. I'm glad you liked my Spider-Man 4 however!

Dirrty Dawg, if you have a link to your Spider-Man 4 script, feel free to link to it here!
ashley zhao
Posted 1808 days ago
ok dirrtydawg can you tell me the website for it? I can't find any other spiderman 4 scripts and Im sort of addicted to reading it. Thanks!
Dirrty Dawg
Posted 1808 days ago
Hey
I also have written a screenplay for Spider-Man 4 and am working on 5 right now! If anyone wants to view it, I'm happy to send it out.
ashley zhao
Posted 1809 days ago
hi I liked your script a lot I couldn't have written one like that myself! But uh I have to say I was a bit disappointed and I think there should have been more romance for Peter. I also was hoping that mary jane would be in it! Are you going to write spiderman 5? I loved this one!
Michael Seidelman
Posted 1846 days ago
Thanks Sammeet... I appreciate the nice feedback! :)
Sammeet
Posted 1847 days ago
hmm. this one was awaiting story the fans want but it's hard to cordinate villians in single story. your script was quiet a roller coaster if you remove the facebook element it may look good here but it's hard to screen it.
BOL Godspeed. :)
Michael Seidelman
Posted 1944 days ago
Thanks "Carnage Fan"... that's glowing praise!

I did have an elaborate idea for a Spider-Man 5 script. I don't plan to write it though as I'm focusing my time working on my own ideas that I might actually be able to sell. Right now, I'm rewriting a horror/comedy I wrote last summer and hope to start submitting that to managers and production companies in a few months.

I'm glad you liked the script so much! Thanks for taking the time to read it!
Carnage Fan
Posted 1944 days ago
I think your script was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! It's the best thing I've ever seen in my life! I also would like to ask if you are writing a Spider-Man 5 script too. It looks like you might have an idea for the future? Anyway, your Spider-Man 4 script rocks dude so you have my opinion!
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2000 days ago
Thanks for the feedback!
Michael
Posted 2000 days ago
This is a really interesting story. But there are just as many problems as good things. I dislike that you gave Betty Brant such a deep storyline, and I wish Rhino had a deeper role. Parts like the bizarre Peter, Harry, & Uncle Ben angle were something that you would never see in a Spider-Man movie, based on what they're like. Overall, a very unusual plotline, and that's completely alright.
Buddy
Posted 2027 days ago
Your story was really informative, tahnks!
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2144 days ago
Thanks "Aleksei"... I'm glad you liked that :)
aleksei mikhailovich sytsevich
Posted 2151 days ago
great! i like the part where rhino has to tinkle!
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2165 days ago
I'm glad you enjoyed the script, Askia!

I registered my script with the WGAW the way it's presented here with the title "Spider-Man 4". I have registered all my scripts with the WGAW. The WGA site details what part of a script is legally protected and other benefits of registering. I realize this script is a bit different as I don't own the characters. I registered it nonetheless however just in case someone else tries to take credit for my work and also as a deterrent for anyone to try and do so.
Askia Gibson
Posted 2166 days ago
Hi Michael I am a screenwriter as well and I have an immense love for comics. I have written a script for an established Marvel character and I just wanted to know how you went about copyrighting your spiderman 4 script. I saw that you registered your script with WGAW did you have to change character names and/or the title of your spec. By the way loved the script
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2170 days ago
Thanks, lulovoulal. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt on the reboot (and as a Spidey fan am still am crossing my fingers it's good) but I was surprised to see in the trailer how the film is rehashing the origin. With so many great Spidey stories out there to inspire the writers, it bewilders me that they'd take this route, only 10 years after the first Spider-man movie did the same.
lulovoulal
Posted 2170 days ago
Very nice one! There are hundreds of villains and storylines, why would they re-make a series dump asses..
Michael Seidelman
Posted 2185 days ago
Thanks DaveBot! If I can't see the film on the big screen, I'm glad to let people like you enjoy it! Though it boggles my mind that they couldn't come up with a decent story to continue the franchise, I am looking forward to the new movie and seeing Spidey finally take on The Lizard. As a fan, I hope they make a good film.
daveBot
Posted 2186 days ago
usually don't like reading scripts but couldn't put this down! this could have jumpstarted the spiderman series...nice job dude! [beep] it reboot!

- Michael Seidelman